Directs financial planning and accounting practices including: budgeting, costing, financial analysis, and long range forecasting for the Company, a global/regional function(s) or a large market. Partners with the business supported, providing subject matter expertise and direction on financial and accounting issues. Acquisition due diligence and financial integration.
• Understands business partner/client markets and translates strategy into proactive plans to enable successful achievement of business results.
• Ensures that the recording, measurement and reporting of all financial transactions adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), internal IQVIA corporate policies and procedures, government regulations and local business/functional requirements.
• Develops specific business metrics that support timely and actionable information flow for daily operational and long-term strategic planning purposes.
• Directs all aspects of planning and estimation processes related to annual budgeting and strategic plans as well as monthly forecasts.
• May develop pricing strategies, policies and analysis.
• Provides monthly financial reporting to constituencies.
• May serve as key focal point between the head of the business/function supported and the regional CFO to ensure the business/function is synchronized with the regional plan.
• Ensures achievement of business/functional financial targets by monitoring spending, providing insight and early warning.
• Identifies and monitors areas of risk and/or opportunity and their financial impact on the business/function.
• Reviews and analyzes new business initiatives and investments to ensure that they conform with IQVIA and local, if applicable, strategic vision and achieve or exceed minimum return on investment requirements.
• Builds, develops and provides leadership within a finance team.
• Supports financial consolidation and slide preparation for internal Business and Operating Reviews.
• Supports acquisition financial integration and consolidation.
• Supports financial consolidation for varying business models on both PeopleSoft and SAP.
• Develop internal chargeback methodology and cost rates for delivery cost center supporting multiple business models.
• May support reporting and information flow for company communications to Board of Directors, shareholders and investment community.
• May provide analytical and information support for Investor Relations, Board of Directors, Legal, Tax and Treasury.
• May identify and monitor areas of operational risk and/or opportunity.
• May manage additional functions, e.g. administration, facilities, payroll.
• May consolidate and report financial results for an area.
• May manage HR, legal, IT, tax and treasury specific financial analysis.
• Other Graduate degree or equivalent – in Finance, Accounting or Financial Management Pref
• Nine (9) years of progressively responsible experience in business analysis, accounting and finance. Req
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
• Knowledge of financial systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong leadership and focus.
• Proven record of results working with senior management in a consultative business approach.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to translate business issues into financial requirements.
• Ability to influence outcomes.
• Technical proficiency with financial application software is essential.
• High level of integrity and self-confidence.
• CPA – Certified Public Accountant CPA or other professional financial certification Pref
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at ~~~
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. ~~~
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. ~~~
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled