To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
In this role the Fixed Asset Shared Services Accountant I will be responsible for adherence and integrity of the fixed asset investment planning database. This role will be responsible for financial team deadlines and the analysis of large datasets to perform variance analysis that lead to identification of optimal solutions to team processes. The ideal candidate will have understanding of assets and depreciation and experience exporting and analyzing large amounts of data from different systems with an understanding of ERP systems. The objective of this role is to be able to ensure the accuracy and adherence to fixed asset policies by analyzing data through various measures.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Prepares, reviews and posts journal entries and reconciliations for various accounts.
• Extracts, reviews and analyzes fixed asset investment data and metrics.
• Assists management with fixed asset investment planning, budgeting/forecasting, variance analysis and ad hoc business analysis.
• Assists in research and resolves reconciliation variances in financial statements.
• Takes appropriate action to investigate potential data discrepancies.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively get the job done.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles.
• Understanding of fixed assets and depreciation rules.
• Analytical skills.
• Ability to analyze and present complex data.
• Ability to identify process inefficiencies, recommend and implement solutions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Job Description Overview: Nonprofit Controller – Flexible Opportunity – Part-Time Your Part-Time Controller, LLC, (YPTC) is a national leader in...Apply For This Job
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT! For CT Licensed Plumber in Darien CT Needed! Are you licensed in the State of CT as a...Apply For This Job
Job Description ABOUT FLOW CONTROL GROUP (FCG) AND INDUSTRIAL FLOW SOLUTIONS Flow Control Group was founded in 2014 by industry...Apply For This Job
Vaco Boston has partnered with our client to help fill an Accounts Payable role. Responsibilities: Review & process all invoices...Apply For This Job
8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field. BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical...Apply For This Job
NECAC is looking to hire an Apartment Manager for our Moberly apartment complex. This position starts at $16 hourly and...Apply For This Job