Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provide financial oversight, ing and analysis for UNC Physicians Network.
1. Lead development and monitoring of all aspects of annual financial plan (budget) for physician practices. Analyze physician performance and present findings at month-end close.
2. Develop financial projections and forecasting to assist in the strategic planning for the Rex physician practices. Develop strategic and financial plans to achieve measurable results which align with the physicians’ goals and objectives. Develop and maintain comprehensive monthly performance ing package including but not limited to revenue cycle operations and financial performance.
3. Responsible for the physician practice Revenue Cycle process. Oversees billing service operations to ensure optimal revenue outcomes. Identifies revenue cycle process improvement opportunities and works with practices to implement process enhancements. Acts as a managed care liaison to HCS Physician Managed care office; provides input into managed care contracting; helps ensure contract compliance (payment rates, other terms); maintains a working knowledge of government payer regulations (Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare). Ensure RAC readiness.
4. Develop and maintain Physician Compensation Plans and associated ing process. Educate providers about their compensation plan, answer provider questions, address concerns about potential errors.
5. Serves as a liaison with appropriate UNCHS areas and executives to ensure Rex physician practice process integration within UNC Healthcare. Acts as a consultant to UNCHS management (HR , IS, Corporate Accounting) on related policies and procedures, process improvement initiatives and system applications enhancements.
6. Responsible for the financial modeling of physician practice acquisitions.
● Masters of Business (MBA); six to ten years related experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six to ten years related experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. High level Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint training. Demonstrated skill with finacial ing and modeling experience.
● If a Bachelor’s degree: 10 years of experience
● If an Associate’s degree: 14 years of experience
● If a High School diploma or GED: 18 years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Asheville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.