Brown Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center (BFP ECEC) has provided a high quality full-day preschool program for over 40 years to families that live, work, or study in our community. Formed by Brown University and the Fox Point Neighborhood Association as a childcare cooperative, we incorporated as an independent non-profit agency in 1979. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, with an annual budget of 1.1 million and maximum enrollment of 72 students, the Center has four multi-age classrooms that serve families who represent the racial, ethnic, linguistic, socio-economic, and familial diversity of our community. The Center has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1996 and has a five-star BrightStars quality rating. Brown Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center has been named the Best Childcare Center in 2022 by the Providence Award Program.
We describe the work of Brown Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center in this way:
· We engage with preschoolers as they learn and grow.
· We engage with parents and guardians as they confront the joys and challenges of their children’s development.
· We engage with teachers and administrators as we create the relationships and organization that foster that development.
· We engage with organizations and structures within our early childhood profession as they transform the field.
For more information https://brownfoxpoint.org/
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the administrative team and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, the Finance Administrator is responsible to administer all finance functions which include all budgeting and financial reporting and forecasting. They will adhere to all federal, state and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This person will be inspired by the work, interested in serving the students and the community, and respectful of different cultures and points of view. The Finance Administrator will model the Brown Fox Point guiding principles of trust, transparency, and honesty.
Financial Administration Budgeting and Bookkeeping:
· Processes claims for Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and Department of Human Services – Child Care Assistance Program (DHS CCAP).
· Responsible for all tuition billing and reporting.
· Maintains fiscal records and reporting using QuickBooks accounting software.
· Works effectively and professionally with banks, funders, insurers, and other external agencies.
· Maintains records and reports on fundraising activities, including grants.
· In partnership with the Executive Director helps to negotiate service contracts and secures insurance policies.
Payroll and Benefits
· Prepares, reconciles, and processes the bi-weekly payroll, through a payroll company.
· Develops the Financial Aid Guide and Scale in partnership with the Executive Director and the Finance Committee.
· Collects and organizes financial aid documents from applicants and presents to the Finance Committee to review.
· Informs applicants of the award determination status
· Must positively and professionally represent BFP ECEC in the community.
Experience and Education:
· Minimum of an associate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, equivalent coursework, or professional certification.
· Minimum of 5 years bookkeeping, accounting/finance experience.
· Payroll processing experience required, preferably Paychex.
· Experience in a non-profit organization or education setting preferred.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual setting preferred.
· Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced skills in Excel required; experience with QuickBooks software preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Well organized; demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple work tasks and get results.
· Is mindful of and comfortable with elements of cultural, economic, gender and ethnic diversity.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Work environment is onsite in an office environment. There may be circumstances where working remotely (from home) occasionally is required.
· Able to sit at a work station, concentrate viewing computer screens for an extended period of time.
· High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, printer, etc.
· Able to travel locally on occasion.
· Comfortable working in an environment with young children.
· Brown Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center provides services in an environment that promotes the most stringent health and sanitation practices to minimize the risks associated with the COVID-19 virus.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional who is truly committed to making a positive contribution to the community. The salary range for this positon is $55,000 to $58,000 annually, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is eligible for full benefits and a $1,500 sign on bonus.
Brown Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center is an equal opportunity employer and fully committed to a culturally diverse and inclusive culture. People of color, LGBQ/T candidates, and people of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Brown/Fox Point Early Childhood Education Center provides services in an environment that promotes the most stringent health and sanitation practices to minimize the risks associated with the COVID-19 virus.
Work Location: One location