Reports To: Senior Accountant
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
The Accounts Payable Accountant for Winner Aviation assists the Senior Accountant in day-to-day accounting functions, prepares financial statements, analyzes financial information, performs reconciliations, month-end closings, and other essential duties and functions. A professional attitude and the highest ethical standards of business practice is always expected when representing Winner Aviation Corporation. The Accounts Payable Accountant must be people-oriented and highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
* Provide accurate daily cash reconciliation reports
* Ensure bills are paid in a timely manner while adhering to company procedures
* Maintain 1099 information for vendors and prepare Form 1099’s annually by deadline.
* Maintain Accounts Payable register and ensure information is accurate for presentation to management.
* Prepare end of month closing
* Prepare accurate monthly departmental and consolidated financial statements
* Prepare monthly Budget vs Actual Financial Statements with explanation for variances
* Prepare and timely file accurate local tax returns and other governmental required reports
* Prepare and timely file accurate state renewals for all states in which Winner has business
* Reconcile bank statements and balance sheet accounts monthly
* Prepare bi-monthly billing reports for vendor services
* Prepare weekly metrics calculations for Accounting Department
* Proficient in QuickBooks Enterprise
* Familiarity with Great Plains accounting software
* Familiarity with ERP systems, such as Corridor
* Knowledge of credit card payment processing systems and payment posting
* Provide necessary supporting documentation to customers and vendors
* Analyze all company credit issues
* Facilitate IT needs and purchases with approval from CFO
* Complete additional tasks assigned by CFO
To fulfill this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, partly through strong and efficient time management capabilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must always demonstrate a professional and confidential work ethic, be highly organized and possess the ability to work with and direct others when appropriate, be willing to teach others as needed, willing to contribute to a team effort, and exhibit a professional manner when working with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of five years of recent general accounting work experience.
The ability to communicate professionally and effectively with the management, employees, vendors, and associate companies is a must.
Must possess the ability to use software tools available to work efficiently and effectively, keep schedules organized for use by all involved.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Proficient skills in accounting software (preferably QuickBooks), accounting cycle, and computerized general ledger systems, and office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics and accounting as it pertains to requirements.
Ability to recognize problems to resolve and eliminate threats to the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment of the corporate headquarters is consistent with the average office type environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Come join our Team! Suntria is one of the fastest growing solar companies in the nation. We’re looking for a...Apply For This Job
Established in 1853, the Catholic Parish of St. John in Westminster exists to proclaim the loving presence of God to...Apply For This Job
Posting Summary Role Title Role Code FLSA Non-Exempt Pay Band Working Title Adjunct Faculty – Marketing Position Number 280A2001 Agency...Apply For This Job
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Explore...Apply For This Job
Job description Litetronics, Inc., a growing specialty lighting company with headquarters and distribution facilities in Bedford Park, IL is seeking...Apply For This Job
Job Description At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of...Apply For This Job