The HR Specialist, Payroll & Benefits will play a key role in the daily operations of the Human Resources department including payroll processing and reporting, benefits administration, and general HR functions.
· Benefit Administration: Administers company-wide employee health & welfare and retirement plans. Benefit programs include, but are not limited to: 403(b) Retirement Plan, Defined Benefit Plan, medical/dental, life and AD&D, short/long-term disability, vision, voluntary programs, workers’ compensation, Leave of Absence administration, and flexible spending accounts; Creates benefit-related guides and materials as needed
· Leave Administration: Coordinates, facilitates, verifies, integrates, and tracks enrollment in paid and unpaid leaves of absence, including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave, California Family Rights Act, California Paid Family Leave, California State Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability, United Way Extended Sick Pay, and Worker’s Compensation Leaves.
· Open Enrollment: Facilitates the annual Open Enrollment period and assists with the communication of any benefit changes to employees, and coordinates the corresponding annual Health & Wellness Fair
· Bills: Processes monthly billings from insurance providers; reviews billings for accuracy, codes, and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll, and Finance department
· Processes payroll and ensures that all transactions are processed timely and accurately, including, but not limited to: manual checks, timesheets and paid time off, garnishments, union dues, etc.
· Processes enrollment, status changes, and separation information with payroll and benefit providers within deadlines to ensure accurate record keeping, deductions, and integration of data
· Acts as liaison between employees, benefit and payroll providers to resolve problems, and ensures effective utilization of these services
· Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure that employee status changes, payroll entries, health plan premium statements, and Finance reports are reconciled
Training & Employee Development:
· Assist in performance management process by communicating timelines/deadlines to employees, developing training materials, and acting as a point of contact for troubleshooting
· Assist in the development and facilitation of employee and leadership professional development training curriculum
· With Senior Manager, Human Resources and DEI Consultants, coordinate and support Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training sessions for staff
Culture & Events:
· Represents HR on the internal Culture Committee to foster organizational values and proactively create a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and visitors
· Coordinates logistics for All Team meetings and special events, ensuring these employee engagement opportunities are interactive/fun, informative, and within budget parameters
· Coordinates and leads Safety Committee; ensures that safety processes, training, and documentation are up to date; collaborates with all departments to ensure compliance with security and safe practices
· Fields basic questions to assist employees and provide relevant updates to the HR team on issues needing follow-up. Spend time getting to know employees professionally, in support of HR as a go-to resource
· Build rapport across all departments and teams and develop a thorough understanding of United Way’s mission and internal needs; Advises HR team regarding potential areas of concern and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate
· Balances transparency, open communication, and great customer service with staff while maintaining strict confidentiality for sensitive or protected HR matters and employee data
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
United we fight. United we win.
Your passion fuels solutions that improve lives and lift up communities. More than anyone else, you know what’s possible; you’ve seen it in the faces of the people whose lives you have forever changed. Sometimes you feel like one person standing alone against big challenges, but there are those who share your vision for the future, and are ready to fight alongside you.
When you work with United Way, you join a team dedicated to creating a better life and a stronger community-for everyone. This is your chance to contribute your personal passions, best ideas and unique strengths to innovative work that leaves a lasting mark on people’s lives in your own community.
Are you ready to join the fight?
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
The Sr. Finance Manager will be the reporting and detailed analytics lead for the company globally. He/She will be responsible...Apply For This Job
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer...Apply For This Job
RESPONSIBILITIES Interact closely with clients and firm team members to provide innovative and proactive individual and business tax planning, consulting...Apply For This Job
This is a Auto Finance Managers Dream Job. You will be part of a 2 man team and see 50...Apply For This Job
TITLE: Vice President, Renewable Energy Finance Sigma Capital Group, Inc. is an investment bank performing primarily project finance transaction sizes...Apply For This Job
Job Description The Opportunity: Clean Harbors Norwell, MA is looking for a Regional Finance Manager to join their safety conscious...Apply For This Job