Important information pertaining to our COVID-19 protocols, including our hybrid workforce options, can be found .
Salary range is $50k to $100k, with a midpoint of $75k. New hires typically receive between minimum and midpoint, however, we may go slightly higher based on experience, internal equity and market.
Sound Transit also offers a competitive with a wide range of offerings, including:
Under general direction and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, performs a variety of professional level accounting duties in support of assigned functional area such as sales tax, retainage, accruals, and complex account and sub ledger reconciliations; gathers, compiles, interprets, analyzes, records, tracks, and reports financial information and transactions; maintains, balances and reconciles assigned accounts and records; prepares and maintains accurate financial records and reports; and provides assistance to Agency staff related to financial analysis and reporting activities.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
* Controls and monitors assigned accounts or financial process to ensure accuracy, proper documentation, and compliance with all pertinent procedures and regulations; prepares reports and statements; applies review techniques and applies accounting practices and principles to ensure the integrity and accuracy of recorded information and adjusts accounts as necessary by preparing moderately complex journal entries.
* Applies analytical review techniques and practices to ensure the integrity and accuracy of recorded information; works with spreadsheets and queries and downloaded data. Designs and develops queries and moderately complex spreadsheets and maintains established spreadsheets in support of account reconciliations and assigned responsibilities; and develops and performs integrity checks over electronically maintained accounting records.
* Works with outside divisions and departments to gather data and facts for research and analysis; performs analysis or completes calculations of a moderately complex nature for use by management and in support of assigned accounting functions; applies independent judgment and expertise to complete assignments, including changes specific to assigned area. Able to communicate results of work product to appropriate parties.
* Demonstrates continuous effort to improve activities, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service; makes recommendations for needed training for internal customers.
* Brings to the attention of management when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond scope of responsibilities and may make recommendations.
* Evaluates processes, procedures, and policies in assigned areas; makes recommendations and assists with development and implementation of new or revised accounting systems and processes.
* Coordinates other projects as requested; may serve on a committee as assigned; attends and participates in professional group meetings.
* Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in assigned field; maintains awareness of federal, state, and local regulations and impact of changes on the Agency.
* Provides strong customer service and may lead activities and conduct training in assigned area.
* Champions and models Sound Transit’s core values and demonstrates values-based behaviors in everyday interactions across the agency.
* Contributes to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in alignment with Sound Transit’s Equity & Inclusion Policy.
* It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
* It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field and three years of accounting experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some public accounting and/or experience in governmental accounting preferred.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* Generally accepted accounting principles and practices including GAAP, GAS, FASB, and GASB.
* Accounting processes, procedures, and internal control design.
* Automated enterprise-wide accounting systems and software for processing and reporting of financial transactions.
* Industry principles and practices of assigned area.
* Report preparation and presentation, working with report parameters, queries and data extraction.
* Principles and procedures of financial record keeping, storage, and document management.
* Analytical review techniques over transactions, account balances, reconciliations, and reports.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel.
* Mathematical principles.
* Pertinent local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
* Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
* Customer service methods and techniques.
* Operating automated financial management systems as well as word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
* Working with complex chart of account structures and subsidiary ledgers and preparing a variety of financial and administrative reports.
* Understanding technical accounting and industry concepts and directions and perform professional accounting functions.
* Identifying and researching moderately complex accounting issues/problems and make recommendations to resolve them.
* Written and oral communication, including ability to summarize and document analysis, conclusions, policies, and procedures in a concise and readable manner by others.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public.
* Performing complicated mathematical calculations and analyses.
* Planning and organizing work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
* Identifying and resolving general problems in a timely manner using sound judgment.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
* Work is performed in a standard office environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
* The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
Sound Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment action based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected class.
Accountant – Accounts Receivable Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented finance professional for the role of...Apply For This Job
Seeking an experienced F&I Manager for a 150+ deal store. Must have experience, CDK experience helpful. We offer competitive wages,...Apply For This Job
Job Description Stivers is recruiting for an Bookkeeper and Office Manager position at a family-owned and operated industrial recycling company...Apply For This Job
Job Description Position Overview About the Opportunity Do you enjoy working with autonomy? Is your passion for planning and developing...Apply For This Job
hh2 Cloud Services is a GROWING private equity backed SaaS company that offers cloud-based software for the construction industry. The...Apply For This Job
Description Delaware County Community College is seeking an Accounting Associate (Accounts Payable) in our Finance department. The Accounting Associate is...Apply For This Job