ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER: Immediate opening for long-term, full-time position at an industrial manufacturing company undergoing significant growth.
ABOUT SMC: Founded in 1979, SMC Industries, Inc. is a leading and innovative manufacturer of industrial insulation systems located in Houston, TX. SMC’s 40-plus years of business have been guided by the principle of applying innovation to achieve the highest quality product for the lowest cost and offering genuine customer service that shares our clients’ goal of project success.
We believe that every employee contributes directly to SMC’s growth and success where we all take pride in being a member of a great team. For more information on SMC Industries, please visit smcindustries.com
SMC Industries, Inc. is taking all measures in compliance with local and national guidelines to protect our employees and visitors during the Covid-19 pandemic.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This position is for an experienced administrator looking to ensure the efficient administration of a small industrial manufacturing company. Using your skill and expertise, you will work alongside senior management and Plant Managers to execute and oversee company administration, including HR and bookkeeping duties.
Reports to: Vice President
COMPENSATION: This position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with comprehensive benefits, including company-paid health & dental, 401k, life insurance, and profit sharing. The hours are typically 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday (although flexibility is possible).
· assist executive management with daily company administration
· process and complete all A/P and A/R
· maintain company general ledger
· work with accountant to prepare all federal, state, and local tax returns and tax payments
· prepare financial reports for executive management
· ensure licensing is current and that health, property, and liability insurance is current and high-value
· work with supervisors and management to compile and submit weekly payroll using online portal; serve as liaison with payroll company
· complete administrative onboarding of new employees, updating and improving employee handbook and other materials
· work with Plant Manager to maintain employee performance records
· work with Plant Manager on employee scheduling, tracking employee evaluation and recognition/discipline, and responding to feedback/complaints
· improve administrative procedures and make recommendations for vendor, software, and other expenditure improvements
· maintain all company records in highly organized and efficient manner
· work with sales, communications, IT, and legal team members to ensure website, company emails, company phone system, and all forms of company correspondence are current and functional with security and legal protection
· arrange meetings, distribute memos, and otherwise ensure team is kept current of necessary company news and information
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Associate degree or higher, preferably in office administration or related discipline
· at least three years’ experience in bookkeeping and company administration
· high computer proficiency including the Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based software
· display of math/reasoning aptitude
· excellent organizational skills, attention to detail
· strong time management skills, including ability to prioritize
· self-starter who can work independently and innovatively, taking initiative to improve company procedures and policies
· ability to work well with teams in a fast-paced environment
· excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· ability to navigate employee issues in a fair, appropriate way that upholds and contributes to a fair, equitable, respectful, and invested office culture
LOCATION: Houston, TX (Channelview)
1) Please send résumé and cover letter.
2) IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION, candidates are required to complete our brief aptitude test WITHIN 48 HOURS OF SUBMITTING RESUME. The test is 15 minutes and assesses problem solving and mathematical aptitude. The test is accessible via the link below. Results will automatically be forwarded to us.
Please be sure to have a full 15 minutes available for the test, along with paper, pencil, and calculator. Once you begin the test you cannot pause the test or start over. Further, any subsequent attempts to take the test will be considered invalid.
Note that this is NOT an Indeed Assessment– this is a custom test.
(Please note that in the event of a follow-up interview, you may be given a second mathematical aptitude test in person to corroborate the results of the online test).
Qualified applicants will be contacted to complete our standard application.
SMC Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, familial status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
We require employees to properly wear masks, practice social distancing as possible (especially when eating/drinking), and have allowed certain employees to work from home as possible. Masks and hand sanitizer are available throughout our workspace.
Work Location: One location
Do you want to inspire our global partner eco-system and drive growth in the most critical strategic areas for Microsoft?...Apply For This Job
Job Description Are you an eager and qualified accountant looking for your next exciting challenge? If you are looking for...Apply For This Job
This position is located in Atlanta, GA. Fully remote is not available. The Finance Manager will drive the preparation of...Apply For This Job
My work schedule has changed for the month and we are looking for a sitter to help with weekdays M-Th...Apply For This Job
You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our...Apply For This Job
Budget Operations Manager – Assistant Budget Officer (FT) This is highly responsible professional and managerial work serving as Operations Manager...Apply For This Job