Rock of Ages – Tourism Development & Guest Services Manager
Are you a passionate and energetic leader who thrives on inspiring your team to deliver extraordinary guest experiences? Does your background in hospitality, recreation or other consumer-driven industry give you the confidence and know-how to successfully lead a 5+ person team overseeing tour operations while tackling established marketing objectives? If so, we have the perfect full-time position for you!
· Responsible for growing the number of guests who visit the Rock of Ages Visitor Center as well as building brand awareness.
· Oversee Visitor Center administration of the Visitor Center budget, generating reports, managing inventory levels and tracking expenditures.
· Development of new thematic tour experiences, as well as create the strategy to market those experiences to the public and/or tour operators.
· Responsible for building and managing photo asset library for use in promotional materials for the tourism sector. Identify photo needs and coordinate photoshoots with influencers and business partners.
· Recruit, train, motivate and manage tour guides.
· Attend and coordinate networking events with area tourism affiliates and coach tour organizations.
· Coordinate and host special events at the Rock of Ages Visitor Center.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· 1-2 years of experience in marketing, coordinating/hosting events
· 3-5 years previous business management experience
· Hospitality & tourism industry experience a plus but not necessary
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently and think critically
· Must be able to work flexible hours to include some Saturdays (during foliage)
· Previous success leading a team to deliver excellent guest service
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to build relationships within the community and act as an ambassador in one-on-one/or public situations
· Able to lift objects up to 50 lbs, sit, stand, bend over, kneel
· Valid driver’s license
· Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Counterpoint POS, not required but experience is a plus)
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with the desire to run a business, have a passion for the travel and hospitality industry, a strong marketing background, with focus on ensuring that every guest has a memorable experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following: 401K with generous match Medical coverage Dental coverage Vision care coverage Paid time-off Incentive bonuses Flexible spending accounts Employee Assistance Plan Employee life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance Disability insurance
Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Rock of Ages is an equal opportunity employer and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will communicate only with the candidates who will be selected.
ABOUT ROCK OF AGES – A POLYCOR INC. COMPANY
Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and owns over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Job Summary: Exciting, impactful opportunity to lead a diverse team for Asset Management Finance. This team works closely with the...Apply For This Job
Finance Manager Job Description We’re seeking an experienced Finance Manager for an established Apparel decorating company. The ideal candidate will...Apply For This Job
Content Marketing Specialist (may be remote from FL) Company Overview For the third consecutive year, Forbes has ranked Educational Systems...Apply For This Job
Immediate Need for a Accountin/Bookkeeper with 2 plus years experience. Associates Degree preferred.Need excellent Microsoft Office skillsJob Type: Full-timePay: $18.00...Apply For This Job
job description We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks....Apply For This Job
Applications are invited for a Finance Manager position in the Center for Behavioral Health Services and Implementation Research (CBHSIR). CBHSIR...Apply For This Job