PO&G Resources is a rapidly growing, twenty-three-year-old private oil and gas company located in the Galleria/Uptown area of Houston, TX. With the ongoing expansion of our operations across multiple areas in the US and the launch of a second investor fund, we are looking for an energetic, dedicated accountant to add to our team in a unique, evolving role. The responsibilities of the position will cross virtually all the accounting functions with frequent interactions with operations, land, and production reporting. If you enjoy working as part of a collaborative team, this is the position for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Download daily bank activity from banking portals.
2. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly journal and cash receipt entries.
3. Bank account reconciliations.
4. General ledger account reconciliations, as assigned.
5. Monitor EnergyLink for disputes and work with Accounting or Land to resolve.
6. Support unclaimed property filing/remittance in multiple states.
7. Prepare IRS Form 1099 and 1096 to vendors and owners including TIN matching.
8. Assist with annual property taxes
a. Equipment renditions
b. Asset valuations
c. Monitor processing of tax statements, payments, and receipts.
9. Perform additional duties as assigned, including potential simultaneous multiple projects, in alignment with overall accounting goals.
Candidate requirements are:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
2. Microsoft Excel skills must include pivot tables and lookups
3. Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally
4. Comfortable talking to people you don’t know in person and on the phone
5. Ability to find the information needed to solve problems – sometimes complex ones
6. Oil and gas upstream experience
7. OGSYS experience
PO&G acquires conventional and unconventional oil and gas properties and increases their value by improving operations such as artificial lift, water flood optimization, and vertical infill drilling. The company’s current oil and gas properties are located in: Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, Indiana, Wyoming, North Dakota, Utah and Mississippi. West Texas, Indiana, and Oklahoma are the company’s largest operating regions. Current gross / net production is 5,000 / 3,500 BOE/D. The company plans to continue its historical growth rate by doubling production every three years.
The company thrives as a result of its opportunistic, entrepreneurial culture, and has attracted select, high-impact personnel from a variety of oil companies and Wall Street firms. Company employees have the opportunity to involve themselves in a broad range of new activities as properties are acquired, providing constant challenge and growth opportunities. Direct exposure to management ensures a rewarding, non-bureaucratic work environment.
Additional company information is available at www.pogresources.com.
PO&G will only consider candidates who submit resumes through LinkedIn.
What we’re building and why we’re building it. Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power...Apply For This Job
job description Solutions driven success. XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network...Apply For This Job
IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT! For CT Licensed Journeymen Sheet Metal Installer Needed! $750 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED Are you licensed in the...Apply For This Job
Job Description BE authentic. BE influential. BE the expert. Be all that and more at Colliers. At Colliers, we help...Apply For This Job
Geode Health is a rapidly growing, national provider of outpatient mental health services. Our mission is ‘ To empower our...Apply For This Job
Job DescriptionThe selected candidate will provide project control and finance support for Maritime Solutions programs. This role will be responsible...Apply For This Job