A Penske Recruiting Assistant will work with our technician hiring center and have responsibility in supporting the efforts to manage candidate leads and applications for Penske’s vehicle technician roles across the country .
In this role, the Recruiting Assistant will primarily support processes around candidate sourcing, use of our systems for lead and application tracking, may assist with application screening, and process expediting. Source candidates using company and external resume databases. Upon finding candidates, the staffing assistant will contact candidates via phone and email to inform them of the position, conduct a brief phone screening, and direct and assure they formally apply to the Penske job opening.
This position will be a part of our hiring center team working on openings for our 750+ locations and will work closely with our hiring center manager and supervisors, as well as partner recruiters and hiring specialists. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about discussing careers that can change lives, building relationships over the phone, have high energy and a positive attitude, and who have an attention to detail and capacity to deliver results. In this role you will need to be proficient in the use of technology, being able to capture candidate information via phone while managing multiple screen computer applications.
– Upon direction from a member of Penske’s Staffing team, search for new candidates matching the provided job description.
– May assist recruiter and hiring specialist, in posting jobs via job boards, college career sites, and state workforce sites.
– Screens resumes from databases and applications from Penske’s Taleo system to identify candidates meeting minimum qualifications.
– May conduct brief phone screening conversations.
– May schedule candidate interviews with hiring manager
– Maintains accurate records on applicant status and provides timely responses to all applicant
– May assist in providing offer letters and initiating/communicating the background screening process for selected candidates.
– Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Associate’s degree equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum one year related experience required.
• Prior demonstrated high-touch customer service and follow-up experience required.
• Candidates with prior recruiting/ recruiting support highly preferred, other general recruiting support will be considered
• Prior Taleo, Salesforce or other applicant tracking system or lead management experience highly preferred.
• Prior experience in mining candidate resume databases and phone screening applicants is highly preferred.
• Bilingual, fluent English/Spanish written and verbal communication a plu
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Word and Excel, and must be internet savvy.
• A sense of humor is helpful, as this can be a stressful job with competing priorities at any given time
• Qualified candidates must be effective communicators who are not afraid of the phone.
• Candidates who are highly technically savvy (internet, good with internet data research, cell phone/text messaging, etc.) are highly preferred
Optimal candidates will have:
• 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized or centralized company environment required
• Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshoot and problem solving experiences.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skill
• Ability to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
• Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up with a high volume of activity
• Ability to travel locally as needed
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
• Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit to learn more.
Company DescriptionJob DescriptionWe have a opening for a General Manager.Must be able to work various shifts per week. Must have...Apply For This Job
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below) LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST) HOURLY RANGE: Our...Apply For This Job
Job Description Title: Associate Analyst I Direct Report: Senior Analyst I FLSA Status: Exempt Revised: March 28,...Apply For This Job
3.8 Full-time 3 hours ago Full Job Description Overview:PRMG is Built by Originators for Originators..There is a reason why PRMG...Apply For This Job
Job Description Overview: At AutoNation, doing what’s right by the customer comes standard at 300 locations coast to coast, so...Apply For This Job
You’re an organized professional. You enjoy helping everyone around you work together toward a common goal. We want you on...Apply For This Job