If you have ever taken a flight from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport; renewed your Maryland driver’s license; traveled to an Orioles game on the Light Rail; embarked on a cruise from the Port of Baltimore; received roadside assistance from CHART Emergency Patrol; reduced your commute time by using one of Maryland’s toll roads; or applied for Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certification, then you have experienced some of the superb services provided by the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT).
MDOT has various careers for people of all experiences, backgrounds, and abilities who come together to contribute to one mission—connecting our customers to life’s opportunities. Join us in serving our Maryland residents, visitors, and businesses!
The Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) is currently recruiting for Accountant Advanced positions. An Accountant Advanced is the advanced level of work examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles in order to modify and maintain agency accounting systems, preparing financial reports or statements, and providing fiscal advice to management. Employees in this classification perform specialized duties in the areas of cost accounting, systems accounting, federal fund accounting or bond and loan accounting. Employees in this classification receive general supervision from an Accountant Supervisor II or other designated administrator.
Two (2) vacancies currently exist at the Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA) located in Baltimore City, MD. The eligible list produced from this recruitment may be used to fill similar Accountant Advanced vacancies throughout the Maryland Department of Transportation.
Telework opportunities are available for this position.
MDOT offers a generous and competitive benefits package. You can learn about our amazing benefits here: MDOT Benefits
Education: A bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
Consideration for employment may be based solely on the contents of your application; therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information. Please include all relevant experience on your application. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to the position you are applying.
If you have held more than one position at the same employer, please list each position that you held and the length of time that you held each position.
1. Candidates may substitute a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Tagged as: Accounting
As the Studio Script Editor Engineering Manager , you will lead and grow a team that is in charge of...Apply For This Job
job description Join the Corporate Accounting Group in a Key Financial Reporting Role with a Global Reach Make an Impact...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Overview: Do you thrive on making a positive, lasting impact on people? Are you bilingual in English...Apply For This Job
4.3 Full-time 13 hours ago Full Job Description Position:IT Specialist, GS 2210-14 Division:Operational Technology Division Unit:ELSUR Logistics Technology Unit THIS...Apply For This Job
Job Description Overview: Are you Ready to Recruit With Purpose? The Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio, with its 110+ year...Apply For This Job
We currently have full-time openings for the Asheville Jersey Mike’s Subs locations – Crew Members, Team Leaders, and Management Wanted!.Must...Apply For This Job