Title: Finance Analyst
Location: Modesto, CA
Salary: $87,000-$108,800/ annually
Duration: Direct Hire
Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for designated divisions or business units as well as their related 5-year business plans. Tracks performance against budget, identifies gaps versus actual results, and develops recommendations to improve financial results. Researches and provides financial and business-related analyses to assess the impact of various projects, systems, and transactions. Responsible for analyzing performance, identifying problems, and driving process improvements in support of their designated divisions.
• Prepares the annual operating and capital budget as well as the 5-year business plan, coordinating with operations management to quantify the impact of operational initiatives and changes versus prior years.
• Works regularly with business leaders to support key goals of the division and to position Finance as a trusted partner.
• Evaluates monthly performance against the budget, identifies explanations for variances, looking for opportunities for improvement.
• Provides early diagnostic data to assist management in the development of action plans to improve financials when needed.
• Develops and executes strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Conducts detailed analyses leveraging large and complex data sets in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investment.
• Implements and advises on pricing strategy; leverages strong negotiation skills along with a detailed oriented, data driven approach to pricing that protects profit margins; performs daily execution of pricing requests.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Drives the development of department procedures and performance measures.
• Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration plus 5 years of experience in Accounting or Finance reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration plus 8 years of experience in Accounting or Finance to include 3 years within a complex manufacturing or logistics operation reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• CPA or MBA.
• Computer skill requirements: intermediate MS Word, Access and PowerPoint, advanced MS Excel, and databases.
• Skilled in making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Skilled in multi-tasking, gains quick grasp on situations and easily maintains productivity while driving concurrent projects.
• Skilled in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Skilled at handling many different responsibilities in a team environment.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is not being handled by the local branch. If you or someone you know are interested, please reply to this posting or email updated resume to ~~~
Get a complete career fit with Kelly ® .
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center.
Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.