Status / FLSA Status: Full Time / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Controller
Work Location: Detroit, MI
Position Summary: Responsible for the reconciliation and posting of all payments received, identify discrepancies and analyze issues to ensure all payments are posted in accordance with contractual obligations.
Essential Job Responsibilities :
• Prepares, posts, verifies, and records payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
• Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
• Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
• Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent account holders to request payment.
• Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
• Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts.
• Set-up, maintain and Process accurate AIA billing.
• Prepares certified payroll reports.
• Prepare aging reports on a monthly basis.
• Reconcile accounts receivable on a regular basis.
• Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
• Assists in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma required.
• 1 – 3 years experience working in a fast pace, high volume environment.
• 1 – 3 years general knowledge of ERP systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. Highly proficient with accounting spreadsheets.
• Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
Physical Requirements :
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands for this position include some light lifting and the ability to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, bend, push, pull, kneel, climb, use hands and fingers, and talk / hear for extended periods of time. The work environment for this position includes typical office environment with no extremes in temperature, noise, and limited physical risk.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Detroit, MI 48202: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Accounting: 1 year (Required)
Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Tech company that is rapidly growing is seeking a self-starting Finance Manager of Sales Operations to calculate, manage and design...Apply For This Job
Role will work on but not limited to: Full ownership for monitoring, reviewing and reporting US financial performance, forecasts and...Apply For This Job
Company Overview and Culture EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary $95,000 – $110,000 a year Job Type Full-time Qualifications US work authorization (Required) Full Job Description Responsibilities:...Apply For This Job
Under the general direction of the Director of the Center for Statistical Consulting, the incumbent is responsible for the financial...Apply For This Job
Job Description The Fortune Society, Inc. (Fortune) has been working for over 54 years in service to our mission: to...Apply For This Job