Join our team at the Escambia Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller’s office. The Clerk’s office is located in the heart of downtown Pensacola, Florida with offices in several of the shared governmental buildings.
Seeking a degreed accountant who has achieved the level of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to manage a division within the Finance Department for the Office of Clerk & Comptroller in Pensacola, Florida. The skillset desired is one that has in-depth knowledge of accounting transactions affecting the general ledger, ability to learn a complex payroll and benefits system, possess a management style to lead a team through complex reoccurring tasks as well as train and empower staff to engage in the advanced accounting concepts and year end reporting. The person holding a financial management position is expected to be well versed in current technology with the ability to quickly learn specific software applications, should be a self-motivated professional that has the know-how to research and implement new accounting and business concepts, be able to document work flow and implement efficiency measures utilizing excellent communication skills, and can provide harmony to the varying types of departmental staff working in a robust professional environment.
This Manager reports to the Finance Director who is located in the same downtown location in a shared county government building. Management positions work in-person with a healthy work-life balance.
The Manager over an Accounting or Finance department is responsible to plan and direct daily finance related operations for the Clerk & Comptroller working in conjunction with the Board of County Commissioners (BCC). This Manager is expected to ensure that appropriate fiscal controls are in place and correct accounting methods are applied with a strong ability to research areas of concern. The Manager should possess the knowledge and experience to streamline operations through technology, and implement changes as it relates to workflow, systems or internal controls. It is essential to possess sound independent judgement. This is a leadership position managing several employees who reports to the Department Director.
· Apply sound accounting policies according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) authoritative guidance in accordance with Government Finance Officers Association Best Practices.
· Use the principles and practices of general, governmental, and fund accounting in the preparation of financial reports and statements.
· Manage departmental tasks; developing efficient and effective techniques to balance workload assignments, and deadlines.
· Plan and participate with auditors on issues related to business practices and risks.
· Attend meetings, conferences, seminars or other required training to enhance job knowledge. Travel may be required at times.
· Exercise leadership duties, which include but are not limited to; enforcing policies and procedures, prioritizing work, evaluating work performance, counseling employees, and making recommendations for personnel actions such as new hires, terminations, and promotions.
· Enhance the professionalism of the department through training and empowerment of employees through staff development.
· Develop efficient and effective work methods to include conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
· Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of the annual budget, ensure reasonable cost controls are in place and objectives achieved within established budgetary parameters.
· Stay informed of regulatory trends, legislative developments, and changes in the laws; and ensure new laws and/or changes are implemented accurately and timely.
· Abide by all internal policies and work procedures.
· Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
· Perform other duties and special tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and/or Clerk.
· Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements and how to apply them in accordance with the Government Finance Officers Association Best Practices
· Broad knowledge of the functions of the BCC and Clerk’s office.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with ability to operate a computer, printer, scanner, and calculator with speed and accuracy. Possess skills to create, edit and merge documents using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
· Analytical skills with ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with many interruptions.
· Interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, co-workers, government officials and the public.
· Supervise training, authorize leave, prepare and implement work assignments, and conduct performance evaluations of personnel in assigned department.
· Participate in the selection and hiring of applicants for employment in assigned department.
· Attendance is an essential job function.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance, a minimum of seven years (7) years professional experience in the field of Accounting or Finance, governmental accounting and management experience preferred, CPA license preferred; or any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Our booming dealership needs someone with at least 2 years of automotive finance experience. Excellent pay and benefits are just...Apply For This Job
Salary $114,800.00 Annually Location 10 Park Plaza, Boston Job Type Full-Time Department MBTA – Environmental Affairs Job Number 22-18601 Closing...Apply For This Job
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:...Apply For This Job
Job Description Overview: Assistant Store Manager Now Offering a $600 Retention Bonus!* As an Assistant Store Manager (“ASM”), you will...Apply For This Job
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Description JOB SNAPSHOT Job Title:Security Account Manager Location:San Jose, CA Environment:Multiple Corporate Buildings Qualifications specific to this...Apply For This Job