Position Title: GRANT WRITER
FLSA Status: FULL TIME, EXEMPT
Reports to: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Pay Range: $65,000- $75,000
As an organization grounded in the Latino community of Washington State, it is the mission of El Centro de la Raza (The Center for People of All Races) build the Beloved Community* through unifying all racial and economic sectors; to organize, empower, and defend the basic human rights of our most vulnerable and marginalized populations; and to bring critical consciousness, justice, dignity, and equity to all the peoples of the world.
El Centro de la Raza is hiring a Grant Writer to work under the supervision of the Development Director to write all grants for the organization, manage the grants program, relationships with funders, all grant related reporting, all program demographic and outcome data; and oversee the Community Needs Assessment, strategic planning and other grant related responsibilities. This position is part of the Development Team. This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all regular activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Requires a 6-month evaluation period.
· Minimum five years of work experience and 3-5 years of grant writing experience required.
· Bachelor’s degree required. BA in journalism, English or literature or related field preferred.
· Data management experience required.
· Ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals. Strong editing skills.
· Track record of effectively communicating an organization’s vision, mission and programs using storytelling, data and financial narratives.
· Ability to work well independently under pressure and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and manage multiple proposals and reports simultaneously.
· Highly organized, self-motivated, positive, multi-tasked, detail-oriented and team-oriented.
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal staff and external contacts.
· Demonstrated success in securing public and private grants and managing grant-seeking activities.
· Practices cultural sensitivity and anti-racism.
· Prepare and submit grant proposals to private and public funding sources including budgets and program/project design in collaboration with department directors, program managers and staff.
· Write from a racial equity core centered on racial equity consciousness.
· Coordinate scheduling of Department Directors and other key staff as it relates to grant writing and input, grant application review, tracking, follow-up and grant reporting to funders.
· Maintain a grants calendar to ensure timely submission of LOIs, proposal deadlines and reports.
· Research, identify, assess, cultivate and steward all sources of grant funding.
· Maintain amounts of grant funding to be raised for all programs in a calendar year.
· Maintain a centralized internal review process and tracking system for grants to safeguard and enhance El Centro de la Raza’s credibility with grant makers.
· Ensure prompt acknowledgment of all grant awards. Input and update all grant activity in Salesforce database on a monthly basis. Maintain electronic grant files.
· Database administration and monitoring of program demographic data in Salesforce; run reports.
· Reconcile all grant contributions between Fiscal and Development on a monthly basis.
· Work with the Leadership Team to keep the Strategic Plan updated.
· Manage organization-wide reporting for United Way and Community Services Block Grant (CSBG).
· Submit monthly report to the Board of Directors.
· Perform program-related research with regards to proposals, such as demographics and statistics for need statements, including analysis of trends within services.
· Perform other writing related tasks for the development department, including the Annual Report.
· Coordinate Community Needs Assessment process and report.
· Obtain ROMA certification and manage ROMA standards and organization standards.
· Supervise interns and volunteers as needed to assist with the grants program.
· Attend all team and organization meetings, events and activities as assigned.
· Collaborate with all employees to achieve the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Development Director.
· Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite and Salesforce.
· Knowledge of private and public sector grant makers at local and state levels.
Works a minimum of 40 hours per week. May require a flexible schedule. May work different hours on different days. May require some local travel. This is a hybrid remote work position with the expectation to work at least 2 days in office and 3 days from home between 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Full-time in office work will be required at times to meet grant, reporting or project deadlines. El Centro reserves the right to change any or all conditions under which this position is permitted to work remotely or withdraw permission to work remotely with or without advance notice.
· Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
· Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
· Ability to operate telephone, desktop or laptop computer
· Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and move large boxes of donations, furniture, etc. as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity and Accommodation Statement:
El Centro de la Raza provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the requirements of the position. El Centro de la Raza will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is a reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $73,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance,...Apply For This Job
Quick Apply Full-time 14 hours ago Full Job Description Are you looking to build a rewarding career in an ever...Apply For This Job
4.2 12 hours ago Full Job Description Reporting to the Patient Access Supervisor the Admissions Representative is responsible for following...Apply For This Job
Are you interested in becoming a Production Manager for a nationally recognized leading Home Improvement organization? We are seeking a...Apply For This Job
Job Description This position will be responsible for the full array of accounting, financial, and budgeting activities for KCUR 89.3....Apply For This Job
DSM: If you?re a driven servant leader that wants the Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding business, appreciates an...Apply For This Job