Position Title Fiscal Administrative Officer – Business Services
Position Number 00086318
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Hiring Location George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Contact Phone Number (302) 573-5469
Contact Email Address [email protected]
Work Location George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Position Specific Details
The incumbent in this position is responsible for managing and providing guidance on fiscal procedures and processes. The incumbent in this position may interface with other departments and may provide training on fiscal recordkeeping and reporting procedures. The hours of this position may vary based on the operational needs of Business Services.
Classification Title Fiscal Administrative Officer
Job Code 3047 (FT), 3547 (PT)
Position Pay Grade B/C 15
Position Type Full-Time
An incumbent is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising a unit of campus/College subordinate fiscal technical staff.
Nature and Scope
An incumbent in this class typically reports to an administrative supervisor. The incumbent plans, assigns and reviews the work of subordinate technical staff engaged in fiscal programs, which includes reviewing and interpreting applicable laws, rules, regulations and procedures to ensure compliance. The planning and providing of training programs to subordinate personnel and other agency staff members is an on-going responsibility. Personnel assigned to this class will participate in the formulation and recommendation of policies, procedures, and regulations as they pertain to the area of assigned discipline(s). The incumbent prepares written and oral reports, reviews and edits reports submitted by subordinates, and provides fiscal advice to an administrative superior. Work may include establishing accounting systems within statewide accounting standards and developing recordkeeping and reporting requirements to meet agency needs. Supervision will be exercised over College accounting ledgers, financial statements, and reports.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Ensures proper and accurate fiscal recordkeeping and reporting procedures are implemented and maintained for compliance with state and/or federal budgetary constraints, rules and regulations.
2. Supervises the preparation of financial statements and reports, consolidation of various accounting reports and records and the verification of journal vouchers, payroll records, etc. Ensures the accurate completion and distribution of all monthly, quarterly, or annual financial reports.
3. Plans, coordinates, and supervises the activities of the Accounting Department employees. Develops and provides training programs to accounting and campus staff.
4. Provides up-to-date and accurate information to state agencies, officials, and other governmental entities. Assists in overseeing federal, state, and private CPA firm audits of the College/campus.
5. Oversees student financial aid accounting to ensure compliance with the Federal Department of Education.
6. Reconciles the College’s financial activity in First State Financials (FSF) and resolves discrepancies.
7. Signs College/campus documents (authorized signature) and applies FSF electronic approval to ensure accuracy, compliance, coding, and approvals.
8. Formulates and recommends policies and procedures for fiscal and accounting operations.
9. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of College operations, policies, practices, and procedures.
Knowledge of relevant State and federal governmental accounting policies, procedures, and regulations.
Knowledge of techniques of analyzing financial data.
Knowledge of state payroll, accounting, and computer systems.
Knowledge of the methods used to assemble, analyze and interpret financial and accounting data, and preparing reports from such data.
Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques.
Skill in the evaluation and analysis of financial and accounting data.
Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Ability to plan, assign and direct the work of subordinates.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to effectively communicate and relate to a diverse population in a multicultural environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and two (2) years of accounting experience to include experience in governmental accounting and in the interpretation and application of federal and state laws, rules, and regulations; or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posting Number REG3559PO
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Date 09/04/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Applicant Instructions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
First Letter of Reference
The Community Manager oversees and coordinates all property management and maintenance functions of an LIHTC property. The essential functions are:...Apply For This Job
Job Description *_WHO is JSP?_* We are Johnson, Stone & Pagano, a premier accounting firm based in Tacoma. Devoted to...Apply For This Job
Job Description Facility in New Hampshire is Looking for a Full Time Psychiatrist This Jobot Job is hosted by Adam...Apply For This Job
Why Work Here? At Caliente Construction, Inc. we offer a variety of benefits including retirement savings plans with a 401K...Apply For This Job
JOB DESCRIPTION: $30K-$36K SEEKING ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK GPAC: #1 Recruiting Firm in the Nation: WORK FOR A LEADING EMPLOYER I...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Summary Avantor is hiring a Tax Manager. Under limited direction, responsible for facilitating and managing the preparation...Apply For This Job