Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
The Accounts Payable Specialist (APS) is responsible for day-to-day accounting and office activities in conjunction with other members of the Finance Team. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Accounts Payable Specialist Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares all monthly accounts payable invoices and creates purchase orders as required for review by the Chief Financial Officer or Director of Finance.
• Finalizes and posts all approved accounts payable invoices and associated purchase orders into the financial software.
• Processes all accounts payable vendor payments according to due date and approval by Chief Financial Officer or Director of Finance.
• Custodian of operating account check supply.
• Maintains secure log for access to accounts payable vendor online accounts.
• Maintains and builds positive working relationships with all accounts payable vendors.
• Reviews the monthly OIG and EPLS vendor exclusion reports to verify vendor compliance.
• Maintains and updates as needed W-9 vendor file.
• Maintains and updates as needed Certificates of Insurance for all company subcontractors.
• Generates annual 1099 vendor report for submission to payroll administrator.
• Trains practice managers and other staff members as needed on the purchase order module and provides support with any inventory or invoicing issues.
• Custodian of company credit and debit cards.
• Initiates transfers from operating account into the Athena account for auto-debit of EMR vendor fees and provides transfer sheet to Staff Accountant for entry into the financial software.
• Creates and labels all capital and non-capital equipment and maintains company inventory spreadsheet by program with associated costs.
• Performs semi-annual physical inventory with the assistance of a member of the finance team.
• Reviews monthly cash drawer reconciliations received from each practice manager.
• Maintains backup electronic accounts payable documentation for grant contracts in support of the Grants Coordinator.
• Backup to Financial Assistant for office and maintenance supply ordering as well as orders placed for printed materials as required.
• Participates in department/company meetings as required;
• Performs other related duties or tasks as requested by Supervisor;
• Follows CHP policies and procedures.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Consistently at work and on time;
• Strong ability to multi-task and manage projects;
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
• Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Takes initiative, follows through, and manages different tasks with quick turn-around time;
• Works well under pressure and with minimal supervision;
• Highest degree of professionalism and ethics;
• Handles issues with tact and diplomacy;
• Reacts well under pressure and accepts responsibility for own actions;
• Upholds organizational values
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Sets and achieves challenging goals.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities;
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views;
• Gives and welcomes feedback;
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Follows CHP policies and procedures.
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Prepares and presents statistical and other reports oral or written as required.
• Able to understand and analyze accounting information to develop processes re-engineering based on business needs.
• Able to research and interpret complex regulations.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets financial reports and legal documents;
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from vendors, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
• Ability to solve practical problems, and deal with a variety situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
• High school or equivalent required.
• 1-2 years’ experience in accounting preferred.
• Associate degree a plus.
• Combination of education and experience will be considered.
• See ADA form
POSITION Accounts Payable Specialist
LOCATION MA, great barrington, Administrative Offices
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position will be supporting the Consumer Success & Growth organization with specific emphasis on the Digital product development and...Apply For This Job
Job Description Country: United States (US) Location: Springfield , Ohio (US-OH) Location details: At Konecranes, we believe that great customer...Apply For This Job
FASHIONPHILE is more than just fashion — we’re revolutionizing the ultra-luxury fashion experience in order to create a sustainable alternative...Apply For This Job
SUMMARYResponsible for assisting Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance in successfully runningthe hotel accounting department.CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL...Apply For This Job
Now Hiring CDL-A Dry Van Truck Drivers! Apply today and within 24 hours you’ll receive multiple job offers.Earn $.50 –...Apply For This Job
Job Description HealthMarkets Overview If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity where you can change people’s lives and achieve financial...Apply For This Job