As the largest not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan, we offer a world of opportunity within our expansive system. We have more nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system in the state, including six that are Magnet®-recognized. In total, Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide diverse practice settings located in communities throughout southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan area.
The NPD-Specialist develops tools, theories, skills and knowledge to advance the practice of the NPD specialty. Using expertise in education and professional development practices, the NPD Practitioner Specialist (NPD-S) functions autonomously and in collaboration with staff, leadership, faculty and researchers to develop, implement and evaluate professional development programs that influence professional role competence, continuous learning and growth. Promote synergistic practices and patient outcomes throughout the organization, and advances and leads NPD practice based on the Beaumont Health Nursing Professional Practice Model and in accordance with Association Nursing Professional Development Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Development Practice. The essential duties of the NPD-S include the following:
1. Uses a systematic approach, analyzes issues, forecast trends and supporting data to determine the learning needs of individuals, service lines, and organizations. Using data gathered; validates, prioritizes and documents evidence of professional practice gaps and outcomes in a manner that facilitates the educational planning process.
2. Uses relevant evidence, theory, research, innovative processes and practical experience to design, implement and evaluate high quality, culturally sensitive, and frequently complex educational activities, programs, or projects for staff at all stages of their career development based on identified knowledge and practice gaps. Analyzes cost and anticipated return on investment for learning activities, programs or projects.
3. Engages stakeholders and resources in the planning and implementation of lifelong learning activities for individuals and/or groups of learners. Measures program outcomes in terms of learning change, impact and professional role competency and revises future outcomes based on trends, evidence, and changes in stakeholder expectations.
4. Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices in collaboration with others to ensure that nursing and the organization’s goals and mission are in alignment. Develops and applies appropriate measurement tools in quality improvement activities.
5. Participates in and assists others in professional role development, practice role transitions, and succession planning. Collaborates with Community Education programs to facilitate, coordinate and maintain effective allied health and nursing education programs. Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of professional development practice and role transitions. Applies the educational process by selecting education content, materials, and techniques that can appeal to a diverse target audience in a positive learning environment. Demonstrates and applies expertise in educational assessment; planning; curriculum development; educational design & delivery; documentation; measurement & performance improvement.
6. Serves as an influential leader in inter-professional learning, professional growth, and practice change throughout the organization.
7. Acts as a champion of scientific inquiry, generating new knowledge and integrating best available evidence into practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates and/or participates in research, EBP, and QI, including dissemination of findings locally and nationally.
8. Integrates ethics by analyzing factors related to privacy, security, and confidentiality in the use and handling of records related to educational programs. Develops processes for monitoring the integrity of educational activities including screening for potential and unethical behavior, commercial bias, conflict of interest. Identifies and addresses ethical issues within the learning environment.
9. Serves on one or more functional teams accountable for supporting core BH orientation and continuing education activities.
10. Works collaboratively with leaders, clinical and other experts, and colleagues throughout the organization to orchestrate right content, methods and resources to meet organizational goals.
11. Works to achieve staff retention and employee engagement through effective management of processes resulting in fulfillment of learning needs.
12. The Nursing Professional Development Specialist will be expected to maintain clinical expertise in assigned area(s), continually monitoring for and incorporating changes in evidence-based practices, demonstrated best practice, and patient/client population data.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health’s customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment – cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules – including universal precautions – reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
B. Work Experience:
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
D. Other Qualifications:
A. Physical Effort:
Our diverse and talented teams of professionals and clinicians don’t just share in the success of our system; they make it possible. Driven by our shared commitment to making our communities healthier and stronger, we are leading the way in health care innovation with relentless ambition and a belief that anything is possible when we work together.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
Pinsy’s mission is to create beautiful Shapewear that can be worn as Outerwear. We empower women to love their bodies...Apply For This Job
Job Description Company Summary The TriCal Group is a privately held family of companies based in the United States, with...Apply For This Job
Description *JOB DESCRIPTION*: Finance Operations Manager *DATE*: October 2022 *LOCATION: Los Angeles *S TO*: VP of Finance & Operations Armadillo...Apply For This Job
Job Description Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior...Apply For This Job
Job Description About this role: Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst to support the financial management activities for...Apply For This Job
About Us: Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred...Apply For This Job