JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Prepares assigned income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports. Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Conducts special studies. Coordinates accounting matters with other departments. Utilizes computer to input, retrieve and/or display accounting information.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values – Employee demonstrates Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their job.
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and vital signs.
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the customer asks.
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of customers through personal action and attention to the environment of care.
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance – Employee demonstrates commitment to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational records.
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement – Employee demonstrates initiative in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments. Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity, and fairness.
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement – Employee actively participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work processes.
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work processes.
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality initiatives.
CRITERIA E: Cost Management – Employee demonstrates effective cost management practices.
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of the organization – material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety – Employee actively participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee safety practices.
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques, equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepares accurate and timely financial statements:
* Prepares monthly financial statements within the guidelines of the working day timetable and free of material errors as set forth by the management team.
2. Reconciles and analyzes self audits
* Compiles all necessary reconciliations and supplemental schedules of all balance sheet accounts by the end of each month for review by the management team.
3. Completes special projects as assigned
* Performs all applicable duties complete assigned tasks within the established time frame. Standard special projects include, but are not limited to:
o Year-end inventory observations as assigned by supervisor
o Assist operations in preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
o Deliver appropriate financial information to auditors in a timely manner established by either a client assistance package or an audit timetable.
o Uses available technology and software systems efficiently in completing the assigned tasks.
o Required special reporting
o Maintenance of ledgers and additional internal and external reports for distribution
o Preparation of Surveys as needed.
4. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Background in healthcare setting preferred
College degree, preferably with 15 hours of Accounting credits
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Windows Applications and Computer Spreadsheet knowledge
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: patient demographic information, patient financial and/or 3rd party billing information.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position.