$300 Covid Vaccine bonus
Starting Salary: $51,000 to $65,000/year depending on experience.
It is a terrific time to work for Aurora Housing Authority! We are looking for positive, dedicated employees who are committed to our mission and to making life better for our residents. Our core values are
The mission of the Housing Authority of the City of Aurora (AHA) is to develop and promote quality housing while supporting and encouraging economic opportunities leading to self-sufficiency and independence. AHA accomplishes this mission by providing affordable or subsidized housing at 10 different properties, administering approximately 1200 vouchers (HCV, FUP and VASH) and offering 2 homeless programs with case management.
Why work for AHA?
AHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the overall accounting and reporting functions for each of the properties of AHA and affiliates as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director Finance.
1. Prepare monthly financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for internal use and review by Property Managers, Senior Staff, and the Board of Commissioners, and as required by external sources, investors and regulatory agencies for each of the properties and programs as assigned. Journal entries prepared as needed for completeness and accuracy.
2. Review property incomes and expenses for each assigned property with the Deputy Executive Director Finance, Director of Property Management, and Property Managers as appropriate and provide advice on any discrepancies, problems or questions on a monthly basis.
3. Maintain schedules for each non-cash balance sheet account for each property and prepare monthly, accruals to expense as appropriate, depreciation, pre-paid expenses, mortgage and tax credit fees as well as any other related items. Review these accruals on a regular basis and update as needed.
4. Coordinate the submission of financial reports to investors for each property.
5. Monitor expenses to insure compatibility with budgeted amounts and bring any variances to the attention of the Deputy Executive Director Finance, Director of Property Management, and Property Managers as appropriate.
6. Monitor and review the balance and detail of accounts receivable and collection activity for each property with Deputy Executive Director Finance, Director of Property Management, Property Managers and Property Management Analyst to discuss solutions for reducing the balance on a monthly basis.
7. Ensures compliance with the LIHTC Partnership Agreements.
8. Coordinate the preparation of all year-end materials for annual audits for properties assigned and assist audit staff with the preparation and submission of year end tax returns and financial reports
9. Coordinate with other Finance Staff and Director of Property Management the funding and reimbursement from escrows and reserves as required by regulatory agreements.
10. Supervise the preparation of special financial reports (investor requests, special reporting requirements) for each property as assigned.
11. Review with Property Management and Finance Staff any issues with cash flow, collections and funding discrepancies as needed.
12. Provide technical advice and support to ensure the efficient operations of the accounting department and assist to improve systems and processes as needed.
13. Makes recommendations to Deputy Executive Director Finance on issues related to accounting and program and or property management.
14. Review assigned bank statement reconciliations on a monthly basis for outstanding items between the books and the bank’s records.
15. Reviews weekly the accounts payable check runs for assigned properties and programs with other Finance Staff for determining sufficient funds, valid, and accurate recording in the property books
Conditions of employment:
Tagged as: Accounting
We are searching for an experienced and passionate Customer Success Manager (CSM). The ideal candidate has proven success in developing...Apply For This Job
About Vision: Vision is a rapidly growing, dynamic tech firm working on developing next generation, state of the art software...Apply For This Job
The Position Workplaces across Portland, the United States and the world are making tough decisions about how to protect their...Apply For This Job
Job Description Â Solutions driven success. Â XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly...Apply For This Job
Requisition ID: 488549 Position: Full-Time Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information (~~~) Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and...Apply For This Job
A healthcare organization is searching for a talented Financial Integrations Manager to join their team. In this Financial Integrations Manager...Apply For This Job