Title: Director of Finance
Reports to: CEO
ArtsFund supports the arts through leadership, advocacy, and grantmaking in order to build a healthy, equitable, and creative Washington. ArtsFund defines the work we do and how we advance our mission through the following values.
The Finance Director is responsible for all finance and audit related activities for both ArtsFund and ArtsFund Foundation. This full-time, non-exempt position provides Director level support to the organization by ensuring accurate and transparent reporting to ArtsFund stakeholders including CEO, Board of Directors, and staff. All activities are in support of the overall mission of ArtsFund. The position works according to a hybrid workplace schedule. ArtsFund reserves the right to alter location work requirements at any time.
· Full charge bookkeeping for +$4 million annual budget and support to the investment committee for a +$30 million endowment.
· Prepare bank deposits, coordinate, and post cash receipts, process accounts payable, reconcile credit card transactions, assist with budget preparation and tracking.
· Coordinate financial data and create monthly financial statements, month-end and year-end close
· Prepare schedules and supporting documentation for the annual audit cycle.
· In coordination with the Director of Human Resources and Operations, process ADP payroll transactions for new hires, leave of absence, employee changes, timesheets, and other payroll activities.
· In coordination with the Grants Department, ensure that grant awards are distributed and financial due diligence is completed for grant applicants.
· Offer guidance and direction for any financial issues in which ArtsFund is involved.
· In coordination with the Development Department, provides financial information to support grant writing, financial reporting, and revenue budgeting efforts as needed.
· Support other departments in financial analysis, budget, and strategy as needed. This includes financial onboarding of potential partner organizations and due diligence on potential grantees.
· An advanced knowledge of finance and accounting sufficient to accurately and consistently handle day-to-day activities, month-end reconciliations and reporting, and the ability to work in tandem with an audit firm to prepare yearly audits and 990 filings.
· The ability to analyze and report on financial data in a strategic way that will assist staff and board in decision making.
· An advance working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to produce reports and analysis in a timely manner.
· The ability to work closely with CEO on financial data and strategy
· Professional level familiarity with Sage Abila (MIP) Online or other Sage Accounting Software
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Experience working with HRIS systems, ADP Run, or Workforce Now is a plus
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
· Ability to work remotely with reliable internet access (hardware will be provided)
· Ability to work standard office hours Monday to Friday in our Seattle office
· Commitment to fostering an inclusive and welcoming professional environment
· Associate’s, Bachelor’s degree, or certificate in Finance and Accounting
· Experience with Microsoft Office 365
· 5+ years in a similar role or holding similar responsibilities
Work Environment and Conditions
This is a full-time, exempt position. The ArtsFund staff currently works according to a hybrid workplace schedule. ArtsFund reserves the right to alter location work requirements at any time. Applicants must have the ability to commit to a consistent schedule within standard office hours, Monday through Friday; the ability to work remotely with reliable internet access (hardware will be provided); and to work in the state of Washington.
The salary range is $100,000 – $120,000, based on skills and experience. Generous benefits and PTO package including health/dental insurance 100% paid by the employer, 403(b) with up to 4% match, transportation/parking stipend, three weeks’ vacation to start, plus an additional two weeks where the entire office closes (week of New Year and week of July 4th).
ArtsFund recognizes that an individual’s lived experience is a valued skill set, and we aim to diversify the voices of all decision-makers on our staff to best reflect the stakeholders that we serve. ArtsFund is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to workforce diversity. LGBTQIA, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The position will remain open until filled. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs at artsfund dot org, subject line “Director of Finance : your name.” No phone calls, please; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location