Apex Systems is looking for a Accounts Payable Specialist to join our client in the Pasadena, CA area. This role is set up as a 6 month contract to hire. The opportunity allows you a chance to get your foot in the door within one of the Nation’s top Healthcare companies.
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Onsite in Pasadena, CA
Pay rate: Depends on experience
Schedule: M-F standard hours
Performs all activities related to the posting of non-dues revenue received at the Regional office and all medical facilities to the subsidiary Accounts Receivable system. Balances and reconciles all funds processed to ensure (SOX) Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
1. Processes 835 electronic remittances; researches and resolves errors to ensure accurate posting of insurance and guarantor payments.
2. Performs manual data entry of non-dues revenue into the patient accounting system, including line item payment posting. Posts third party payments, contractual adjustments, deductibles, co-pays, take backs and denials, in accordance with the explanation of benefits received.
3. Balances and reconciles cash totals of each manual batch, 835 remittances or other electronic file uploaded into the system using available resources and reconciliation tools: splitter router reports, bank portal for lock box image and/or treasury tools, in order to reconcile monthly with General Accounting Department totals.
4. Researches guarantor and insurance credit balances by reviewing insurance plan explanation of benefits, determining insurance plan primacy using coordination of benefit rules, reviewing members medical chart and eligible benefits. Resolves member and insurance credits balances within required SOX guidelines by debit adjusting, refunding or distributing credit balance payments to outstanding balances. Performs root cause analysis and works with appropriate resources to reduce errors and volume of insurance and guarantor credits.
5. Maintains records of unidentified payments, actions taken and resolution; researches and processes unidentified checks/ funds. Maintains audit files and daily reconciliation spreadsheet related to cash posting for SOX control purposes
6. Researches, deposits and records monies payable to the organization’s Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, MAPMG, organization’s Hospitals and Claims Recovery into dedicated database using correct GL string. Prepares journal entries using the One Link system and submits entries to the General Accounting Department. Submits reclassification journal entries as needed to balance the General Ledger.
7. Performs other related duties as directed.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
The MENTOR Network is now Sevita. We have a different name, but the same mission, and a renewed sense of...Apply For This Job
The City of Alliance, Nebraska (8,000 pop.) is looking for its next Finance Director/Treasurer due to an upcoming retirement. The...Apply For This Job
Our client is a privately held SaaS Company seeking a VP of Finance who will lead the company’s financial planning,...Apply For This Job
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States Date: Nov 24, 2021 Job Description Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information...Apply For This Job
job description Posting Date Nov 12, 2021 Job Number 21133081 Job Category Finance & Accounting Location Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel...Apply For This Job
Description For Profit healthcare agency, mainly funded by Medicaid is looking to bring on a strong consultant to hire Finance...Apply For This Job