The Business Unit Vice President of Finance is an essential business partner and member of the Hughes Treitler / Rotron senior leadership team, contributing to the development and execution of the business’s annual strategic plan. Hughes-Treitler/Rotron is a multi-site international BU designing and manufacturing critical products for the aerospace industry for a wide range of worldwide customers. This position will drive the financial results as the analytical partner to the Business Unit Manager and will lead a team of financial professionals. The team will manage ongoing financial accounting, cost accounting, planning, forecasting, and analysis including driving sales targets, working capital improvement and profit margin improvement.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management and professional-level staff.
• Oversees the schedules and responsibilities of managerial staff in the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Oversees a finance and IT staff of over 15
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Make strategic recommendations to optimize revenue growth, improve working capital performance, and drive operating profit year over year.
• Maintain effective internal control environment of all business unit operations and locations to ensure continued control and protection of its assets and an accurate reporting of its financial position
• Work proactively and collaboratively with business unit functional leaders to solve problems and advise on how business actions may affect the financials:
o Operations – help in managing and reducing inventory levels and in looking at the overall production process to optimize working capital.
o Engineering – assist with evaluation of NPI projects to ensure that a viable business case exists and returns are maximized.
o Sales/BD – assist with pricing evaluation to ensure proposed contracts are achieving appropriate level of profitability.
o IT – identify ways that technology can improve business performance and streamline processes.
• Provide regular and completely transparent updates to all stakeholders including Divisional VP of Finance and roll up to Corporate Finance team.
• Provide management with monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews of the organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities in accordance with the Corporations reporting formats and requirements.
• Prepare financial statements and financial forecast for the business segment monthly.
• Present credibly during senior management presentations to Corporate leadership team while providing evidence backed data and strategic recommendations.
• Reconcile sales and profit performance to forecast, budget and prior year data.
• Lead the preparation and management of Working Capital improvement activities.
• Direct preparation of budgets by reviewing budget proposals, engaging appropriate staff members, preparing necessary supporting documentation and justification in accordance with the Corporations reporting formats and requirements.
• Support all internal and external audit requirements, and US Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) testing and compliance.
• Provide return on investment analysis on major projects as required.
• Provide support on operational issues to insure profitable growth.
• Monitor payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting and cost accounting functions to ensure process controls are efficient and effective.
• Assist in ongoing assessment of the departmental human resource requirements (interview, hire, promote, discipline, discharge) ensuring fairness and consistency is maintained.
• Recruit, train, supervise and develop finance department staff and conduct annual performance evaluations
• This is a highly hands on role with a focus on detail, which requires the ability to work quickly and accurately on an independent basis, giving great attention to detail and displaying the initiative to quickly identify and resolve variances, failures, and discrepancies.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Self-motivated: Drives for results.
• Energetic: A self-starter, genuinely enthusiastic, strong personal work ethic.
• Detail Orientated: Able to assure that minor and complex details are attended to and accomplished.
• Ethical: Possesses honesty, integrity, and the highest ethical and moral standards.
• Credible: Can command respect of staff and external customers.
• Persuasive: Able to build good relationships with colleagues, and influence the decision making of senior executives.
• Strategic: Able to envision and articulate “the big picture” and help colleagues understand goals. Demonstrated ability to make strategic recommendations to advance business objectives.
• Interpersonal: Has skills necessary to gain the trust of others to interact effectively with persons at all levels, both internally and externally, to develop rapport and gain key insights into business processes or alternative approaches.
• Communication: Listening, feedback, oral presentation, influence, written communication.
• Leadership: integrity, flexibility, embraces change, executive presence, courage, strategic, develops others.
• Team Player: Can function in team-oriented environment.
• Thinker: Decisive, deals with ambiguity, continuously learns, cognitive ability, innovative, solutions oriented.
• Ambition: Results oriented, detail orientation, time management, work/life balance
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance is required
• MBA or MA degree in Finance or Accounting, or CPA license is preferred
• 10+ years of experience in general and/or plant accounting, including an understanding of forecasting, budgeting, costing, and inventory control
• Public accounting experience is a plus, but not required
• Experience in a multisite manufacturing environment, preferably with global presence
• 10+ years of proven ability to lead a financial team
• Experience with DOD government contracting is a plus, but not required
Prolonged periods of sitting and working on a computer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Operations ManagerSalary Range of $50,000-$55,000, PTO and Health InsuranceBusy commercial cleaning company is looking for an Operations Manager to oversee...Apply For This Job
Full-time 8 hours ago Full Job Description Onto Innovation is a leader in process control, combining global scale with an...Apply For This Job
job description SUMMARYThe Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the finance department with a broad range of accounting responsibilities including...Apply For This Job
Job Description Looking for your next career move? Accounting firm in Northern Bergen County, NJ with over 400 tax return...Apply For This Job
Job Description At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing...Apply For This Job
Summary of Position: Responsible for the overall financial health of the organization. Manages, coordinates and administers the various day-to-day responsibilities...Apply For This Job