All Alaska Pediatric Partnership (A2P2) Director of Administration & Finance
A2P2 is hiring a Director of Administration & Finance. Be a part of an exciting team that is building a system where every Alaskan kid has what they need to grow and succeed.
Principal Responsibilities: The Director of Administration & Finance (DAF) is a part of the organization’s leadership team along with the Executive Director and the Director of Programs. The DAF has the principal responsibility of overseeing, coordinating, and executing the administrative and financial operationsof the organization and its operating programs. The DAF works closely with the Program Managers and is supported by the office administrator. They also oversee the operations of the contracted bookkeeping, payroll and accounting agency.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supports: Executive Director, Board of Directors, Director of Programs, Program Managers
Oversees: Office Administrator and Accounting & Bookkeeping Contractor
Location: Anchorage office (Hybrid)
FLSA Classification: Exempt; Salary, Full-Time
Compensation: $80,000 – $90,000 annually
Benefits: Competitive benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, HSA, generous PTO plan and 11 paid holidays, 403B retirement plan and employee assistance program.
Director of Administration & Finance Accountability:
1. Provide knowledgeable oversight of all financial operations, utilizing external specialists where necessary for technical support, to ensure all financial operations are functioning as designed.
2. Develop internal budgets and collaborate with the Executive Director and Director of Programs on budget finalization and oversight.
3. Collaborate with the Executive Director and Director of Programs to obtain appropriate funding and develop grant and contract budgets that accurately reflect the organizational goals and resources.
4. Support the identification of new and diverse funding opportunities to meet the organization’s strategic and financial goals.
5. Maintain strong knowledge and understanding of the organization’s funding sources’ requirements and manage all grant and funding timelines including applications, ongoing tracking, invoicing and reporting.
6. Serve as financial liaison to the Executive Director and Board of Directors: Pull financial reports from QuickBooks Online, present financial grant reports quarterly and attend staff, board and external partner meetings as required for successful collaboration.
7. Oversee the accounts payable functions of the organization, serving as the point of contact for the external bookkeeping and accounting team (not including processing of payroll and related taxes)
8. Negotiate, draft, and manage program-related contracts and sub-contracts with appropriate contributions and collaboration with program and Leadership Team staff.
9. Manage and update as needed all internal fiscal policies, processes and procedures including receivables, invoices and reports as required to ensure timely and complete receipt of all contracted and grant funds.
10. Oversee, coordinate and staff the board Finance Committee, and provide information as needed to the Governance Committee and Fund Development subcommittee.
11. Support the organization’s utilization of all available fundraising tools to meet the revenue development goals of the organization, oversee the tracking and report on all donor contributions, and work with the Community Relations Manager to support recognition efforts with timely and accurate information.
12. Oversee the Office Administrator and establish functional systems and processes for all areas of administrative operations and engage the team in utilization of adopted policies and procedures.
13. Oversee and manage all administrative functions related to onboarding and termination of staff and employee benefits. A2P2 works with an external HR contractor for recruiting and hiring of new staff.
Director of Administration & Finance Authority:
Within established budget and operating guidelines, the Director of Operations & Development has the authority to:
1. Approve expenditures and financially obligate the organization.
2. Coordinate, draft, sign and submit external reports to grantors and other outside agencies.
3. Represent A2P2 in negotiating final details of grants and program contributions.
1. We are guided by our core purpose: Excellent health for all Alaska’s kids and we do this by building a system where every Alaskan kid has what they need to grow and succeed.
2. Our purpose can be fulfilled only through successful partnership with communities and service providers statewide. We are individually responsible for supporting these collaborative and cooperative relationships.
3. We value systems and procedures and understand the importance of utilizing current procedures consistently so they may be accurately evaluated and continually improved.
4. We are continually improving, seeking innovative ways to achieve our purpose while understanding that the best evolution of systems and processes is iterative and based on data and experience.
5. We are data driven; capturing information, tracking activities, reporting and analyzing data are regular recurring activities.
6. We are Alaska focused – fulfilling our purpose is a statewide effort with a sense of community “close to home.”
7. All client materials and information will be held as strictly confidential and will be appropriately secured.
8. Employees are encouraged to recommend ideas for the vision of the organization, innovations and improvements within their department and position that are consistent with our core purpose.
Education & Experience:
Preferred But Not Required:
We recognize an ideal candidate may not possess all the experience and knowledge listed in this description. The following are areas in which experience is preferred but not required:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Travel: Occasional travel in and out of state may be required. Some travel to rural locations may occur in small aircraft.
Nature of Employment: Any description of work is a picture of the major responsibilities of a position at a given point in time. Jobs are dynamic and assignments/priorities may change. The primary purpose of this description is to outline and communicate key tasks and expectations for the position. This description does not imply or create a contractual relationship. All Alaska Pediatric Partnership is an at-will employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may send their COVER LETTER and RESUME to Tamar @ A2P2 . Com or apply through Indeed with both Cover Letter and Resume. The positions are open until filled; however, cover letters and resumes will be reviewed on February 20, 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
We no longer require masks or social distancing, however ask that any employee with a known exposure to illness or with symptoms refrain from working in the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Anchorage, AK 99503
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe social media!? If you answered YES! Keep Reading….Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI is...Apply For This Job
Job Description At Back Yard Burgers, were committed to securing every individuals immediate and long-term financial goals, including our own....Apply For This Job
As an online marketing and technology partner for many of the top brands in healthcare, Practis provides comprehensive digital marketing...Apply For This Job
Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description Division Finance Manager – Salina, KS Great Plains Mfg, a Kubota-owned company,...Apply For This Job
At Bar Louie, we live to SERVE our Guests, our People and our Community. We do this by GROWING our...Apply For This Job
Kelly Benefits in Sparks, MD is seeking a detail oriented individual to maintain and reconcile accurate and efficient carrier/vendor disbursements...Apply For This Job